Our scope of engineering service is a comprehensively and concurrently tailored approach to the respective task.
Using our extensive knowledge gained from practical experience and an economic mind-set, we efficiently and pragmatically transform even complex requirements into intelligent solutions – from start to finish, from development to commissioning of the plant.
SMS conducts the project as a consultant, designer and manufacturer through all project stages: from process layout, engineering, mechanical design, manufacturing and documentation to installation, start-up and after-sales service.
The result is an always optimally coordinated and customized equipment or a system which produces very efficiently end-products of outstanding quality and purity.
The criterion for our quality is the satisfaction of our customers.
In detail our scope of services includes:
- Process know-how
- Feasibility studies
- Test trials in our lab and test centre
- Joint process development in cooperation with the customer
- Project management
Our basic and detail engineering covers:
- Process design based on process calculations, simulations and test results
- Process engineering / plant construction by using a databased engineering software incl. interface to CAD plant design 2D and 3D
- PFD’s (process flow diagrams) and PID’s (pipe and instrumentation diagrams)
- Detail drawings of machines and equipment
- Steelwork plans incl. gratings, ladders and railings
- Assembling and piping detail planning incl. isometry and material list (MTO)
- Piping design
- Stress analysis
- Flexibility analysis
- Assembling and installation plans
- Electrical instrumentation and control engineering
- Definition of the electrical plant equipment
- Plant instrumentation design, control concept design
- Specification for control cabinets
- Specification for plant cabling
- Description for control programming and process visualization
- Design for alarm and interlock plans
- Final documentation under statutory regulations in accordance with customers’ requirements
- Assembly supervision
- Commissioning service
The customer´s standards can be considered for planning, design calculation and documentation besides relevant standards and regulations. Beside the chemical standard design, we offer apparatus and systems also for the pharma and food industry. In this range, SMS is able to provide the expertise and instrumentation from plant design up to completion.
Based on the URS (User Requirement Specification), Buss-SMS-Canzler executes the qualification of the plant regarding the relevant basic rules (GMP, Eudralex, ICH) for all processes.
- Design Qualification – DQ
- Factory Acceptance Test – FAT
- Site Acceptance Test – SAT
- Installation Qualification – IQ
- Operation Qualification – OQ
- Performance Qualification – PQ
Alternatively to the common qualifying system, Buss-SMS-Canzler works out a science and risk-based verification of equipment and plant systems according to ISPE Guide and ASTM on customers’ demand.